IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II
|Department||DHS - Technology for Human Svcs General Admin|
|Date Opened||9/7/2018 3:51:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $56,999.00/year with potential growth up to $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Moses Devaprakasam|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Office of Technology for Human Services
1100 Eastern Boulevard
Essex MD 21221
Main Purpose of Job
This position conducts and documents assigned regular and systematic, independent internal audits of systems.
Makes recommendations for changes of security policies, guidelines, and IT Application Security procedures to optimize systems processes to remain compliant with State and Federal Information Security legislation.
Generates reports by querying the Remedy Action Request and Remote Access Control Facility (RACF) databases by utilizing available report utilities such as: Crystal Reports, Query Management Facility, and Vanguard.
Coordinates with the Database Specialists to ensure DHS database systems are in compliance with Federal, State and internal policies.
Reports insufficiencies, action plans and remediation steps to the Chief Information Security Officer.
Assists and manages security incidents by identifying important characteristics so that appropriate activities can be executed to achieve closure, (i.e., limiting the scope and magnitude of the incident,
Eliminates the source of the problem or avenue of entry, returning affected systems to their fully operational state, documenting the impact of the incident and implements measures to avoid recurrence.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: One year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
2. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year of experience using Remedy or a similar work order/ help desk ticketing software.
2. One year of experience creating or auditing the creation of accounts related to access management using Active Directory, RACF, or a similar system.
3. One year of experience generating query reports and maintaining internal system audits.
4. One year of experience in customer services.
5. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Access for example).
6. Demonstrated skills in effective time management, priority setting, multi-tasking, problem solving, and critical thinking.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for one year.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred.
If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: Moses Devaprakasam
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Or, fax requested information to: 410-333-0882; Email email@example.com ; Voice 410-767-7416, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation.The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|