IT FUNCTIONAL ANALYST II
|Department||DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office|
|Date Opened||11/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/14/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $56,999.00/year with potential growth up to $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
This recruitment is limited to current Department of Human Services employees only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Family Investment Administration
1100 Eastern Blvd
Baltimore, MD 21221
Main Purpose of Job
Designs, develops, tests, implements and maintains automated systems in the Family Investment Administration in accordance with Federal and State rules and regulations; assists with the implementations of future enhancements; presents design to the contractor and evaluates proposed design changes to ensure compliance with State and Federal statutes; assists Lead Analyst in overseeing work of lower level analysts in the above processes including, but not limited to, guidance, coaching, training, monitoring, and reviewing work in progress and completed work; participates in various aspects of systems operations including but not limited to: processing and reconciling Medicaid applications and interim changes in the Clients' Automated Resources and Eligibility System (CARES), Health Benefits Exchange (HBX), Interim Data Base (IDB), Eligibility and Enrollment (E&E) and the Informatica Data Director (IDD); reviews business requirements and designs documents for FIA projects; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Human Resources Management, Information Technology or other related field with specific coursework in the structure and use of automated information systems.
Experience: One year of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe computers or large client server platforms.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and two additional years of experience providing problem analysis and ongoing user support, coordinating system development and implementation, and training users on the functionality of applications for agency or statewide systems housed on mainframe or large client server platforms may be substituted for the required education.
2. Experience responding to and resolving help desk calls from users of computers, or operating computer equipment for the purpose of data entry, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, database or other applications may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year of experience using DHS's computer Information Systems such as: CARES, myDHR, WORKS, ECMS, HBX, IDB, ABAWD Direct and EPPIC.
2. One year of experience applying compliance, rules, policies regulations and procedures for Family Investment Programs.
3. Six months experience with 'User Acceptance Testing activities, operating systems and data communication software.
4. Strong customer service, written and oral communication skills.
5. Demonstrated skills in effective time management, priority setting, multi-tasking, problem solving and critical thinking.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LIMITED TO THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES EMPLOYEES ONLY.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.