FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK I
|Department||DHS - Prince George's County DSS|
|Date Opened||10/11/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/25/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25,502.00 - $32,502.00/yr. with potential growth to $39,574.00/yr.|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Prince George's County Social Services
805 Brightseat Rd
Hyattsville, MD 20785
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to review, verify, record, adjust, process, and balance Prince George's County Department of Social Services financial transactions to ensure sound fiscal management of programs that support families and promote self-sufficiency.
Review, identify, post, reconcile and records Accounts Receivables, payables and cash receipts; Investigates and processes stop payments; Provides customer service to external and internal customers; Reviews vendor forms for accuracy.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. 6 months experience in Excel.
2. 6 months experience in Bookkeeping.
3. 6 months experience in Accounting.
4. 6 months data entry experience.
5. Oral and written communication skills
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit,
311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137
Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|