FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK II
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||1/8/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/22/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$28,702.00 - $44,812.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Aimee Ringgold|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for the processing of claims and the disbursement of monies won in the lottery drawings and on instant scratch off tickets to its customers. Assist customers with question pertaining to The Maryland State Lottery Agency. Monitor and process (claims that are processed through Agent Plus).
Responsible for assisting customers as they arrive with winning tickets(s), take claims and process on A-11 terminal to general a check and W2G form. Also responsible for mailing customers winning number list and other information pertaining to Lottery as needed.
Accountable for processing 5k’s by entering information from claim form into A-11 terminal, and making sure all information is correct, (address, name, social security number) in order to generate W2G’s for customers with winnings up to $600 and over.
Prepare W2G’s to be mailed to customer to enable them to receive in a timely manner. This tax information has a 60 day time period.
Examine 5k’s that are received for missing social security numbers, missing name, or any other important information that the lottery require in order to complete the process of generating the customer W2G forms.
Maintains and post monthly totals for 5k’s W2G’s.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Experience working in a customer service environment.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper applications.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to:
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency
ATTN: Human Resources Department
1800 Washington Blvd., Suite 330, Baltimore, MD 21230
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE DATE LISTED ON THE ANNOUNCEMENT TO BE CONSIDERED.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay