FISCAL ACCOUNTS CLERK II
|Date Opened||1/10/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,277.00 - $34,864.00/yr. with growth to $45,709.00/yr.|
|HR Analyst||Shirley Williams|
Maryland 529 is an independent State Agency responsible for administering three IRC Section 529 programs:
(1) Maryland Senator Edward J Kasemeyer Prepaid College Trust
(2) Maryland Senator Edward J. Kasemeyer College Investment Plan
(3) Maryland ABLE (Achieving a Better Life Experience) program.
The Maryland Prepaid College Trust (MPCT) is a "defined benefit" type plan and the Maryland College Investment Plan (MCIP) is a "defined contribution" type plan, both of which are designed to provide ways for families to save for future college expenses and reduce reliance on future student loan debt. The agency also administers the State's 529A program through the ABLE Act designed for Americans living with disabilities.
LOCATION OF POSITION
217 E. Redwood Street, Ste. 1350
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The Customer Relations Team was created in 2016 to provide superior customer service to current and prospective Account Holders of the MPCT. Representatives are responsible for answering and returning phone calls, responding to email inquiries, and creating, assigning, and responding to FreshDesk tickets, among other responsibilities.
This position will analyze accounts and provide administrative financial assistance to Account Holders, to interpret the terms of Account Holder policies and help them understand processes and procedures for enrolling, investment options, paying on accounts, and taking distributions for college expenses. Representatives must be knowledgeable of internal policies, enrollment parameters, state and federal law as it pertains to Maryland 529 while assisting the Accounting, Administrative and Benefits associates with other tasks as needed.
Primary duties include, but is not limited to:
- Assist account holders in person, by phone and email by responding to inquiries about their accounts, providing interpretation and administrative responses related to Plan guidelines and contract specifications.
- Create and mail Welcome Kits to new Account Holders.
- Assist Account Holders with password resets and online account access assistance such as login, ID changes or initial set-up.
- Research discrepancies in account balances by examining payments and adjustments for posting errors or unit discrepancies, and submitting requests to accounting team for adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience reviewing, verifying, recording, adjusting and balancing financial transactions.
1. Experience calculating and recording financial, statistical or other numerical data may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required high school education.
2. Six credit hours in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. A minimum of five courses or six months of accounting-related training in a vocational training program in subjects such as journalizing transactions, analyzing transactions into debits and credits, posting to a general ledger, payroll, bank reconciliations, accounts payable, and accounts receivable may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Financial Clerical/Finance Technicians classifications or specialty codes in the financial field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s). Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following:
- Commercial banking customer service liaison experience.
- Knowledge and/or experience with 529 plans.
- Experience in a call-center environment.
- Ability to learn new software quickly.
- Oral and written communication skills with various audience levels.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Resumes may not be submitted in lieu of completing the employment application. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application along with a cover letter, supplemental questionnaire, and supportive documentation to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
Attn : Kigen Waugh
301 West Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Fax # 410-333-7674.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-4933.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|