FISCAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR I
FISCAL ADMINISTRATOR SUPERVISOR/Management Service
|Department||DLLR - Office of Administration|
|Date Opened||11/7/2018 2:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,899.00 - $80,078.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and supervise staff to the unit
- Maintain and document communication with assigned program leadership and directors
- Manage the fiscal administration of assigned programs and overseeing the fiscal administration of staff assigned programs
- Document all processes and procedures performed by all fiscal administrators and drive participation in continual process improvement activities of all processes and procedures.
- Contribute to the cost allocation plan and calculation of the indirect rate development
- Develop training materials and provide staff training on an ongoing basis
- Serve as the backup for Fiscal Administrator Supervisors assigned to other programs
- Other duties as assigned
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Business Accounting and related course including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing. Additional experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accounting principles or other fiscal related work may be substituted for up to two years of the required calculation.
Experience: Four years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles or other fiscal related work.
- Applicants who had met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
- Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a masters degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
- Applicants may substitute one year of professional budgeting experience or one tear of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
Experience with FMIS and other State accounting and budgeting systems.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
The examination for this recruitment will be an evaluation and rating of the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is essential that the application is filled out completely and accurately, listing all relevant education and experience, addressing the specific qualifications shown above and submitting any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certification, license, etc.). Please include clear, detailed and specific information on your application regarding experience qualifications related to the minimum qualifications, desired, and/or selective qualifications of the position.
Successful candidates will be placed on the certified list categorized as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified. The certified list will be used by DLLR for a period of one year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Administration
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 18-004528-0006
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email Ernestine.email@example.com.
The MD State Application Form can be found online Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.