FISCAL SERVICES OFFICER II
|Department||DHS - Charles County DSS|
|Filing Deadline||10/11/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,857.00 - $60,815.00/year with potential growth to $75,012.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
This is a Position Specific-Recruitment for the Department of Human Services, Charles County Department of Social Services.
It is important to complete the Supplemental Questions as part of the application process.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Charles County Department of Social Services
Local General Administration
200 Kent Avenue
La Plata, MD 20646
Main Purpose of Job
Oversees all fiscal services for the agency, serves as the Finance Officer for the Charles County Department of Social Services, providing management of accounting and payments, fiscal reporting, budget preparation and monitoring.
Plans and coordinates all fiscal services for the agency; plans, coordinates and supervises the work of the Fiscal Unit staff; oversees all accounting operations; modifies and implements manual and automated systems in accordance with general accepted accounting principles (GAAP); provides fiscal authorization for purchases by Procurement as well as fiscal approval for contracts and monitors expenditures. Prepares special budget projections; oversees the preparation of the operating budget, calculating and verifying estimated expenditure; prepares special budget projections and recommends adjustments in budget appropriations to meet operational necessities.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university or a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by 3 credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Three years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Applicants who had met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
2. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Applicants may substitute one year of professional budgeting experience or one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Financial Management specialty codes in the Financial field on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. Two years of supervisory experience in a fiscal department.
2. One year of experience using the Financial Management Information System (FMIS).
3. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
4. One year of experience using Intuit QuickBooks or similar computer software.
5. One year of experience auditing.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
It is imperative to list all computer and software experience on your application pertaining to your job duties.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: Betty Ketterman
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Or, fax requested information to: 410-333-0882; Email email@example.com; Voice 410-767-7147, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434;
The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation. Resumes and copies of diplomas are not required for this examination process.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.