|Department||DBM OPSB Division of Employee Benefits|
|Date Opened||6/6/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tina Hoban|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position will provide intermediate level professional accounting work examining, analyzing, and interpreting data records, financial reports, and accounting systems by applying generally accepted accounting principles in order to maintain the accurate and compliant nature of periodic reporting in support of the State Health Insurance Fund and the Employee Benefits Division (EBD) Operating Budget per General Accounting Division (GAD) guidelines. EBD oversees the accounting, budgeting and auditing functions of the State’s $1.6 billion non-budgeted Employees and Retirees Health Insurance Programs.
This position will be required to interpret and apply pertinent laws and regulations to fiscal and accounting operations. It will report to the Accounting Supervisor in the completion of all fiscal work dealing with both internal and external parties as it relates to the proper execution and maintenance of Cash Disbursements, Cash Receipts and other adhoc duties as assigned.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: One year of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1 year of intermediate experience with Excel (Macro’s Pivot Tables, and Advanced Formulas).
1 year of experience with R*Stars and Adpics.
1 year of experience in Accounts Receivable/Billing and Accounts Payable.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
If you have questions concerning this recruitment, contact S. Hudson at 410-767-4850.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.