|Department||DHS - Somerset County DSS|
|Date Opened||12/4/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/18/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $50,120/year with potential growth to $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Kendra Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Somerset County Department of Social Services
30397 Mt. Vernon Rd.
Princess Anne, MD 21853
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide support to the Finance Officer in maintaining budgetary and accounting requirements for this agency. This position prepares reports; reconciliations; maintains funds control ledgers; performs journal adjustments; approves / authorizes disbursements and reviews and monitors accounting activity to ensure compliance with internal fiscal policy and Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAPP). In the absence of the Finance Officer, this position provides technical support and management to the fiscal staff.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: One year of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. One year experience in bank reconciliation.
2. One year experience in Government budgeting and/or accounts.
3. One year experience preparing and using excel spreadsheets.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.