|Department||DHS - Anne Arundel County DSS|
|Date Opened||11/1/2018 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/15/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431/year with potential growth to $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
THIS RECRUITMENT IS LIMITED TO CURRENT STATE OF MARYLAND EMPLOYEES.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Anne Arundel County Department of Social Services
80 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Main Purpose of Job
This position utilizes and analyzes information in accounting systems, accounting records and fiscal reports. Reviews and authorizes financial transactions for submission to fiscal control agencies. Utilizes computerized financial applications and office software to include spreadsheet software and database applications.
Reviews and authorizes financial transaction records for submission to fiscal control agencies; Utilizes computerized financial applications and office software to include spreadsheet software and database applications; Performs reconciliation of all financial accounts; Prepares and/or oversees the preparation of journal entries and interagency transfers in FMIS.
Please read the job announcement in its entirety before applying for this recruitment. Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire.
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: Two years of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
1. One year of experience in reviewing and authorizing financial transaction records for submission to fiscal control agencies.
2. One year of experience in computerized financial applications and office software to include spreadsheet software and database applications.
3. One year of experience in reconciling financial accounts.
4. One year of experience in preparing financial reports and statements for all accounting systems.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to current State of Maryland employees.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 142, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7147.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.