PSCS Social Worker I, Criminal Justice **REPOST**
|Date Opened||6/8/2018 08:36:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/30/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$52,846.00 with potential growth to - $70,265.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
7555 Waterloo Road
Jessup, Maryland 20794
Main Purpose of Job
To provide social work services to inmates housed at Patuxent Institution.
Functions as part of a treatment team that regularly provides services to the inmate population. Alternatively, may function as a “floater” between treatment teams.
Provides psychotherapeutic services to inmates as assigned.
Conducts social history evaluations and other evaluations of inmates as assigned.
Participates in miscellaneous projects and tasks as assigned.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a graduate social worker, certified social worker or certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees are required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Thomasine Johnson
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060. or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay