HR OFFICER I
|Department||MSP - Support Services Bureau|
|Date Opened||6/4/2018 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/19/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $65,827.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
In order to be considered for this position applicants MUST FULLY DOCUMENT specific educational and experience requirements.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police HQ
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
This position is for the Maryland State Police (MSP) Leave Officer and is responsible for overseeing leave accounting functions for the MSP as well as providing guidance, assistance, direction and policy implementation and development. This position provides critical support for every MSP installation, division and unit of the Department.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of professional HR experience involving recruitment and employment services, classification and compensation, employee relations, test development and validation, job analysis, job evaluation, salary administration, HR program evaluation, or HR policy formulation.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment procedures.
3. Thirty graduate credit hours from an accredited college or university in the fields of HR/personnel administration, human resources management, business administration, public administration, statistics, tests and measurements, psychology or a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Knowledge and experience with the Workday Timekeeping system
2. Organizational knowledge, policy development and management experience with the Maryland State Police
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to obtain certification in State Personnel Management System policies and procedures and in the functionality of the Statewide Personnel System from the Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, Department of Budget and Management within six months from the time of appointment to the position. Employees are also required to obtain recertification every six months thereafter.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Candidates are subject to a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. It is, therefore, ESSENTIAL that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be placed on an eligible list in the BEST, BETTER or QUALIFIED category. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select the individual to fill the vacancy. The list will be valid for one year.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|