MSD Registered Nurse - Substitute
|Department||MD School for Deaf - Columbia - Educational Svc.|
|Date Opened||9/12/2018 3:35:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Emily Hicks|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Nursing under the licensing requirements for Registered Nurses.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Nurse from the Maryland State Board of Nursing, 4140 Patterson Avenue, Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of an automobile. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification may be required to successfully complete cardiopulmonary resuscitation training and maintain current certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
2. Employees in the classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. Candidates will need to provide three letters of recommendation.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online or if you encounter difficulty, you may submit via mail, e-mail, fax, or deliver in person before the closing date and time. Please include your name and recruitment number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Additional or supplemental information must be submitted by the closing date and time. Application inquiries or supplemental information can be directed to the following:
Mailing Address: Maryland School for the Deaf, Recruitment Department, P. O. Box 894, Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: 410-696-3031, TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Individuals from traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|