PRE-RELEASE FACILITY ADMIN
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||8/7/2018 6:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,543.00 - $97,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christine Walls|
This is a MANAGEMENT SERVICES position with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The incumbent serves at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
There are multiple vacancies located throughout the State of Maryland. Therefore, the resulting eligible list will be used to fill current and future vacancies. When completing the application, please select all locations in which you are willing to work.
Main Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to manage the Pre-Release Facility with the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. The incumbent is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, evaluating and administering policies, procedures and regulations necessary to manage the overall operation of the facility to assure public safety.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Provides supervision of custody supervisors.
· Conducts facility rounds, ensures proper sanitation practices and addresses security and emergency issues and or concerns.
· Monitors and addresses facility maintenance issues and ensures adequate staffing.
· Provides overall supervision of civilian staff to include case management, maintenance, dietary, and support. Provides overall supervision of audits and tours.
· Ensures provision of relevant and current programs and services; as well as interact with community stakeholders.
· Initiates and reviews facility policies, makes suggestions of changes to the Warden and conducts investigations.
· Conducts staff meetings and ensures completion of reports, evaluations and other documentation.
· Initiates and reinforces the disciplinary process as needed.
· Serves as duty officer. May assume the duties of the Assistant Warden in his/her absence.
Education: An Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Business Administration or a related field of study.
Experience: Ten (10) years of correctional experience in a correctional facility with four (4) years of experience supervising the work of correctional staff.
1. Candidates may substitute sixty (60) credit hours from an accredited college or university to include fifteen (15) credit hours in Criminal Justice or a related field of study for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education such as a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university on a year-for-year basis up to 2 years for the required experience. Candidates must have achieved a minimum fifteen (15) credit hours in the field of Criminal Justice or a related field of study.
IF YOU ARE CLAIMING EDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTIONS AN UNOFFICIAL COPY OF YOUR TRANSCRIPT MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN DISAPPROVAL.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Employees in this classification are subject to 24 hour call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number at which they can be reached.
Employees must undergo a thorough background investigation.
As part of the interview process, candidates may be given a written assessment.
Only applicants who meet the minimum qualifications for this recruitment will be considered for this opportunity. It is essential that you submit complete and accurate information on your application in order to determine if you meet the qualifications as specified above. Due to the nature of this list, all qualified applicants are placed on an unranked list of candidates and will remain active on this list for at least one year. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method for submitting additional information is to upload it directly into your online account. Please remove references to the first 5 digits of your SSN and your DOB on all attachments by deleting, redacting or blacking that information out with a marker. Or you may email qualifying documents to Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the ONLINE application.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred; however you may choose mail as the option to submit your application and/or required additional information, you must include the following information on each page you submit:
1. First and Last Name
2. Recruitment Number (located at the top of the bulletin)
3. The last 4 digits of your SS#
DPSCS – Office of Human Resources
ATTN: Christine Walls
300 East Joppa Road, 11th Floor
Towson, Maryland 21286
You may fax the required additional information to (410) 585-0570. This fax number is for the Dept. of Public Safety and Correctional Services recruitment efforts only. We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
For more information, please call 410-339-4258. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at (410) 767-4850.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay