MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Production
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||8/7/2018 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting salary $36,557.00/year (With potential growth to $57,808.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Eastern Correctional Institution
30420 Revells Neck Road
Westover, MD 21890
Main Purpose of Job
Production and Training - The incumbent is responsible for training and supervising an inmate work force in the operation of a manufacturing furniture plant and for the production of related products. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assigned production process operating with full independence and reviewing the work of trainers.
- Trains inmate workers in production methods of a specified product.
- Supervises inmate workers in actual performance of the production process from determining raw material needs to preparation for shipping.
- Set up and break down various machinery.
- Train/Instruct inmates in proper use of production machinery.
- Responsible for reviewing inmate worker progress and proposing pay raises when applicable.
- May drive a Tractor Trailer or other vehicle to deliver MCE products while supervising inmates and inspecting delivered goods.
- Responsible for reviewing inmate workers progress and proposing pay raises when applicable.
- Must be able to produce shop drawings/cutting bills as needed.
- Inspects work-in-process and finished goods.
Safety and Security - Incumbent should be fully versed in all related safety procedures. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Trains and instructs inmates in Fire Safety, Equipment Safety, and Personal Safety as related to their trade
- Responsible for distributing tools to inmate workers and collecting same at end of shift
- Participates in inmate head count at beginning and end of shift as well as lunch periods.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in manufacturing and production.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants must successful complete a background investigation.
Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Employees must successfully complete the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.