MCE OFFICER TRAINEE Services
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||9/6/2018 12:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||Starting salary $36,557.00/year (With potential growth to $57,808.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is located inside of a Correctional Facility:
Maryland Correctional Institution for Women (MCI-W)
7943 Brockbridge Road
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
- Responsible for assigned production process operating with full independence and reviewing the work of trainees.
- Trains inmate workers in proper methods of a specified service.
- Supervises the production of Data Entry Clerks to include training in accordance with customer specifications and proper paperwork procedures.
- Develop set up systems, procedures and related equipment needed for the fulfillment of services for customers.
- Train inmate workers in proper use of equipment.
- Responsible for reviewing inmate worker progress and proposing pay raises when applicable.
- Must be able to produce jobs as specified in customer purchase orders.
Safety and Security:
Incumbent should be fully versed in all related safety procedures. These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Trains and instructs inmates in Fire Safety, Equipment Safety, and Personal Safety as related to their trade.
- Responsible for completing daily traffic sheets.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel and Access)
Specialized software used in mailing operations is a plus (Satori system)
Employees MUST successfully complete a background investigation.
Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
300 East Joppa Road, 10th Floor
Towson, MD 21286
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.