PROGRAM MANAGER II
|Department||MIL State Operations|
|Date Opened||9/14/2018 3:02:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/28/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
This is a Management Service position which serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
Main Purpose of Job
- Develops and evaluates the program's standards, policies and regulations consistent with federal and state guidelines and laws.
- Mentors and manages staff and evaluates staff performances according to state standards and policies, providing constructive feedback designed to enhance performance.
- Interviews, selects and hires persons who shall constitute the staff and faculty of the program.
- Plans, programs and budgets for expansion of educational opportunities for cadets.
- Prepares the annual state and federal budget.
- Conducts semi-annual inspections of the program using the ChalleNGe Operational Resource Effectiveness checklist.
- Prepares annual State Plan with performance objectives as required by NGB and submitted by required suspense date.
- Develops recruiting plans that may include advertising and outreach to all Maryland County and Baltimore City departments of education and other agencies and organizations that may have input for eligible youth recruitment.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four year college or university.
Experience: Eight years of program development experience, including 4 years of supervisory/management experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Prior experience with at-risk youth education programs.
· Extensive knowledge and experience supervisory/management experience with the United
States Armed Forces.
Candidates for positions in this classification will be required to apply for a criminal background check as required by the Annotated Code of Maryland, Family Law Article, Section 5-561.
Candidates in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with the Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
For education obtained outside of the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. If you possess a degree obtained outside of the United States, please submit a detailed, course-by-course evaluation report from one of the U.S. equivalency evaluating members identified at www.naces.org/members.htm
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit via mail. Completed application packets and transcripts/degrees may be mailed to:
Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office
Fifth Regiment Armory, Room B10
219 29th Division St.
Baltimore, MD 21201-2288
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact email@example.com
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.