LIBRARIAN ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE
|Department||DPSCS Youth Detention Center|
|Date Opened||12/26/2018 10:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
This is a contractual position with limited state benefits.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore City Detention Center
531 E. Madison Street, Baltimore, MD
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide library services to all residents onsite, except those confined to the hospital, on segregation/lockup, or in protective custody, for at least one (1) hour per week.
- Assist students with research projects, recommends appropriate instructional and educational reading, and explains cataloging and reference procedures.
- Determines which educational materials would be most appropriate for assigned students, and order books; visual aids; computer software; and other materials as necessary. Replace books, magazines, and other materials as necessary.
- Ay resident who is unable, for physical or security reasons, to personally come to the library area shall have outreach services brought to their housing unit each week, and shall, upon request, be provided with legal reference materials as well as other library services.
- Provide book cart services to the satellite locations: Baltimore Central Booking and Intake Center (BCBIC); Chesapeake Detention Facility (CDF), Baltimore Pretrial Facility - Jessup; and the Youth Detention Center.
- Review and process legal research request from detainees/offenders through the Library Assistance to State Institutions (LASI) Program, and Lexis/Nexis as necessary.
- Cooperates with inter-disciplinary staff in planning, implementing, and monitoring comprehensive rehabilitations programs.
Education: Possession of appropriate educational credentials as determined by the Maryland State Board of Education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, transcripts, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at email@example.com
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.