ADMINISTRATOR III - Contractual
Financial Compliance Administrator
|Department||DLLR - Occupational and Professional Licensing 1|
|Date Opened||1/10/2018 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/24/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Ernestine Hyman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Responsibilities include the analysis of all financial documentation along with perpetual care and preneed trust reports filed annually with the office by licensees/permit holders (cemeteries) submitted under the signature of a licensed CPA.
- Prepares various statistical, annual and special reports (individual and/or combined) for review as required by the Director.
- Informs the advisory council of current issues and/or trends resulting from the evaluation of licensees/permit holders’ financial documents and trust reports.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work. One year of this experience must have involved one or more of the following: the supervision of other employees, overseeing and coordinating the general operations of a unit, applying rules and regulations, or exercising responsibility for the development of policies or procedures.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualification(s).
CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
Experience reviewing comparative balance sheets and financial statements
Judicial or Administrative hearing experience
Trust Report Experience
Degree in Accounting or Financial background
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
RESUMES ARE NOT ACCEPTABLE AND NOT CONSIDERED IN THE SELECTION PROCESS.
All information concerning the qualifications, including any required documentation (diploma, transcript, certificate, etc.) must be submitted and received by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be considered.
For positions that require Bachelor/Master Degree etc:
Educational credentials from foreign countries must be evaluated by an approved education review service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire. For further information, you may call International Consultants of Delaware, Inc. (302) 737-8715 or World Education Services Inc. 1-800-932-3897 or (202) 331-2925.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
PLEASE DO NOT FAX OR EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION
Completed applications, required documentation, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
DLLR Office of Administration
Attn: Ernestine Hyman 18-006096-0001
1100 N. Eutaw Street, Rm. 101
Baltimore, MD 21201
For additional information, please contact Ernestine Hyman at 410-230-6298 or via email Ernestine.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of DLLR that all persons have equal opportunity and access to employment opportunities, services, and facilities without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.