ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER II
|Department||DPSCS-Maryland Correctional Enterprises|
|Date Opened||10/5/2018 09:47:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Afryea Lucas|
LOCATION OF POSITION
7275 Waterloo Road, Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
To oversee the day-to-day operations of the Inventory control department including supervising and training the various employee positions within the department. To ensure the department complies with all State of Maryland and Maryland Correctional Enterprises Policies and Procedures for the Recording and Control of Materials Inventory, and to ensure field staff is trained in the correct application of such procedures.
· Control the operations of the department and ensure that all forms are accounted, correctly coded for entry in the financial records and verified to the inventory transaction register generated from the AS/400 system.
· Prepare, supervise and execute annual year ending physical inventory which consisting of reconciling, investigating, and explaining all variances.
· Assist Maryland Correctional Enterprises inmate clerks to ensure that the shops maintain accurate inventory balances.
· Investigate discrepancies of items on inventory stock status reports, (to ensure there are no negative balances) by using the different reports showing line by line activity entered in the AS400 system.
· Attend monthly profit/loss review to provide inventory research and variance analysis.
· Produce month end reports on ending balances of raw materials, component parts and finished goods for the monthly financial statements.
Education: Completion of an Associate’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of inventory experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
1. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required:
1 year of inventory management control experience.
1 year of supervisory experience.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail the Maryland State Application (paper) by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: A. Lucas
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-4215
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.