PHYSICIAN PROGRAM SPECIALIST-MEDICAL
|Department||MSDE - Div of Rehab Svcs - Disability Determine|
|Date Opened||10/24/2018 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$113,880.00 - $187,760.00/year (Salary to be pro-rated at 50%)|
|HR Analyst||Joyce Tapman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Post Office Box 6338
Timonium, Maryland 21093
Main Purpose of Job
Review consultative examination reports for accuracy, completeness and deficiencies in content. Participate in the development of training and trains examiner staff in the understanding and use of medical evidence.
Reviews and interprets medical evidence to establish the existence, severity, onset, duration and potential for remediation of medical impairments; analyzes the sufficiency of medical evidence to evaluate disabilities; assesses the severity of impairment and describes the functional limitations imposed; prescribes further development of evidence from treating sources or consultant examiners; prepares a written opinion to include a statement of findings, assessment of severity and description of residual functional capacity; assures integrity of opinion based on medical evidence in file, makes telephone contact with treating sources to obtain clinical data. Provides consultation and training to disability examiners.
EDUCATION: Possession of a degree in medicine from an accredited college or university.
1. Applicants must be certified by an American Medical Association Specialty Board in an area of medical specialization.
2. Applicants must be licensed by the Maryland Board of Physicians to practice medicine under Maryland State Law.
A copy of the current license must be attached to the application.
EXPERIENCE: A total of four years of experience in the practice of medicine.
1. Certification by an American Medical Association Specialty Board may be substituted for the master’s degree in public health and three years of the required non-administrative medical experience.
2. Two years of administrative or programmatic experience such as the clinical, medical, or facility director of a health care facility, health officer in a county or municipal health department, or director of a statewide public health program may be substituted for the master’s degree in public health.
3. Internship and residencies are considered as qualifying non-administrative medical experience.
4. Persons employed as a physician in the Medical Care Programs prior to July 1, 1988 may substitute two years of experience for the master’s degree in public health for Physician D.
Individuals selected for positions with the Maryland State Department of Education's Disability Determination Service (DDS) will go through a complete Tier 2 federal background investigation. A suitability determination by the Social Security Administration is necessary to determine whether an employee can be issued credentials in order to have access to Social Security disability data, records, and systems.
Applicants must complete the MD State Government on-line application for employment recruitment #18-006805-0003. The Application must clearly demonstrate that the applicant meets the prerequisite Minimum Qualifications for the position. Paper applications can be completed and faxed to 410-554-9397 or mailed to DORS Human Resource Department at 2301 Argonne Drive, Baltimore, MD 21218.
To obtain a paper application visit our website dors.state.md.us or marylandpublicschools.org. TDD (410) 554-9399. Inquiries can be made to 410-554-9424.
Appropriate accommodations can be made for individuals with disabilities.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850.
Proof of eligibility to work in compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act, and travel throughout the State are required. This position has been designated as a Special Appointment. Any misrepresentation of academic or experience requirements for this position may result in non-selection or termination of employment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|