Director for the Division of Parole and Probation
|Department||DPSCS DPP Central Region|
|Date Opened||12/6/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$99,275.00 - $132,569.00/year|
This position is designated as an Executive Services Appointment. The incumbent will work at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
The Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services is one of the largest departments in Maryland government with over 11,000 employees. In our commitment to ensure safety to all Marylanders, we are seeking an exceptional leader for the position responsible for the overall operations and administration of the Division of Parole and Probation.
LOCATION OF POSITION
6776 Reisterstown Road
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
Main Purpose of Job
This position functions as the Director of Parole and Probation. The primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Directs the operation, administration and management of staff in forty-four (44) field offices.
- Directs the operation, administration and management of staff in statewide programs to include the Drink Driving Monitor Program and the Central Home Detention Services Program.
- Coordinates and maintains partnerships with the court system, the legislature, community organizations, labor organizations, and law enforcement agencies.
- Oversees the development and implementation of programs, policies and procedures.
- Develops and administers an annual budget of approximately $100 million dollars.
- Serves as Maryland’s Compact Administrator and Commissioner for the Interstate Compact for Adult Offender Supervision.
- Represents the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, Division of Parole and Probation on committees for the Correctional Training Commission and the Justice Reinvestment Initiative Council.
- Maintains a system of communication, enabling awareness of pertinent information at all levels; delegates decision-making responsibility at appropriate levels; provides qualitative and quantitative measures of work performance; assures accountability with minimum interference to service delivery.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. In order to meet this educational requirement an official copy of your transcript must accompany your application.
Experience: Nine (9) years of experience in parole and probation with five (5) year of progressive management experience with at least three (3) years in a senior management position.
Note: A Master’s Degree from and accredited college or university may be substituted for up to two (2) years of the required experience.
Applicant must have management experience in budget administration, which includes, managing, developing, analyzing and implementing budgets.
Applicant must have management experience in representing an organization at interagency functions, community groups and legislative forums.
Applicant must have experience interacting with criminal justice organizations such as law enforcement, courts, corrections, parole boards, community groups and local governments.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required.
A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
A background investigation will be required for this position.
Before taking office, the appointee shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division - Recruitment & Examination
Recruitment # - 18-007604-0001
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1000
Towson, Maryland 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-4210
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|