ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER III
Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||4/5/2018 08:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00/ year (With potential growth to $65,827.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Erin Alston|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MD Police and Correctional Training Commissions
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, Maryland 21784
Main Purpose of Job
Some of the duties for this position include:
- Present instruction (classroom and practical) in EVOC training programs conducted at the DTF.
- Prepare evaluations of student’s performance and written records and files.
- Develop, setup, clear, adjust, etc. practical course training exercises.
- Familiarize self with all content for DTU lesson plans and programs.
- Supervise Allied Department Instructors while they are conducting their own training programs at the DTF.
- Assure accountability of DTF equipment utilized during training exercises, (helmets, radios, first aid equipment, stopwatches, tire pressure gauges, vehicle fluids, keys, training vehicles, etc.) and report vehicle, equipment and facility maintenance needs, as soon as aware of, to assure safe operations of such and of the facility.
- Assist with maintenance of DTF equipment and facility as the need arises and directed by the Administrator and/or Senior Instructor.
- Evaluate, research and prepare recommendations for revisions and updates, to include but not limited to, lesson plans, manuals, procedures and student handouts, as assigned or time permits.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
Education: Possession of a bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
In order to meet this educational requirement an unofficial copy of your transcript must accompany your application. For education obtained outside the United States, you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Experience: Three years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included the regular independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year to year basis for the required education and experience.
Applicants must meet this selective qualification to be considered. Applicants must be detailed in describing the nature of their training/instructional work experience.
Possess an Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor Certification for two years.
Two years of experience in the delivery and instruction of an Emergency Vehicle Operations Program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The following qualification is preferred, not required:
Instructor experience in a police academy setting.
Your application is part of the examination process. The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of this position. The rating will be based on the information provided on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide all the experience and education that is related to this position completely and accurately. Verifiable volunteer experience will be considered. Please include it on your application, if applicable. This recruitment does not require any additional materials to be uploaded with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.). Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application. You will be required to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
To submit qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is unavailable, you may submit a paper application to:
Department of Public Safety & Correctional Services
Human Resources Services Division
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Please do not submit unsolicited documentation (resumes, cover letters, etc.).
Specific inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Erin Alston at firstname.lastname@example.org
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.