ASSESSMENTS OFFICE MANAGER C
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||3/15/2019 11:25:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/29/2019 4:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$37,289.00 - $58,965.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Susan Derlunas|
This is a Position Specific Recruitment for the Dorchester County Assessments Office.
*Recruitment is limited to current State Department of Assessments and Taxation employees only.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Assessments for Dorchester County
501 Court Lane
Cambridge, Maryland 21613
Main Purpose of Job
- Interacts with the general public both in person and by phone to respond to technical issues related to the assessment process, property values and/or general office procedures.
- Delegates duties to subordinate employees and monitors workflow to insure the timely and accurate completion of office assignments.
- Trains and instructs subordinate staff on the job duties and office procedures to follow, to insure compliance with departmental procedures and state regulations.
- Evaluates subordinate employees to assess work quality by regularly monitoring work performance.
- Assists the Supervisor of Assessments in the development and implementation of clerical office policy and procedures to improve clerical office operations.
- Determines the correct data needed to record deeds, transfers and other documents that are reviewed in the office.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of clerical or technical experience in processing assessments records and forms.
1. Additional experience performing general clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to 2 years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in financial administration and program classification or financial administration and program specialty codes in the accounting and budget field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Knowledge of policies and procedures used in a local assessments office.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Assessment and Taxation Attn: Human Resources Department, Room 511 300 W. Preston Street Baltimore, MD 21201.
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources at 410-767-1140. APPLCATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON THE CLOSING DATE.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.