SOCIAL SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR IV
|Department||DHS - Baltimore City DSS|
|Date Opened||7/9/2019 10:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,165.00 - $82,040 with potential growth to $90,173.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Dominick Williams|
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Baltimore City Department of Social Services
Child Welfare Services
311 Gay Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to function as a Social Service Administrator IV for the Extended Hours Program, which oversees all after hours calls or reports for Child Protective Services, Adult Protective Services, Out-of-Home Placement, and Resource and Support Services (foster child placement services). This position functions includes the supervision of second line supervisory staff, Unit Managers, and the provision of effective management, oversight and direction, of each of the assigned units. The incumbent in this position ensures the safety of vulnerable adults and children in Baltimore City and the delivery of quality services for adults, children and families. This position is required to work non-raditional hours, as Extended Hours operations from 5:00 pm to 7:30 am., and the incumbent in this position would need to be available via phone or in person for emergency cases in Extended Hours outside of the regular office hours.
Provides customer service to both internal and external customs that meets or exceeds the standards set by the Department; conducts operations ethically; adheres to compliance requirements; provides discipline and structure that influences the staff awareness of and respect of operational controls.
Education: Possession of a master’s degree in social work from an accredited college or university approved by the Council on Social Work Education.
Experience: Seven (7) years of professional experience in a social work capacity in a public or private agency or institution, five (5) years of which must have been in an administrative supervisory or consultative capacity.
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services, §4-204 the Annotated Code of Maryland and the Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, does not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Three (3) years of experience working in public or private Child Welfare Program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Understanding of child welfare data to improve services and processes.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Candidate must be willing to work in Baltimore City and available evenings and overnight hours.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates filling positions in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Social Work Examiners.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties are required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
If you have questions about this recruitment, please call 443-378-4684.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application to: Dominick Williams, Baltimore City Department of Social Services, Office of Human Resources, 1910 N. Broadway, 3rd Floor, Baltimore, MD 21213.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|