MSP FORENSIC SCIENTIST ADVANCED
|Department||MSP - Criminal Investigation Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/16/2019 2:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/10/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$66,231.00 - $106,348.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP Forensic Sciences Division
221 Milford Mill Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, medical technology, pharmaceutical science, criminal justice or related physical, natural or forensic science from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in comparative analysis or scientific evaluation of evidence including experience in providing testimony as an expert witness in moot or criminal court.
Notes: 1. Additional experience performing comparative analysis or scientific Evaluation of evidence to include experience in providing expert testimony may be substituted on a year for year basis for the required education.
2. Possession of a Master’s degree in criminal justice or the above physical, natural or forensic sciences from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Possession of a Doctorate in the criminal justice or the above physical, natural or forensic sciences from an accredited college or university may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Qualified as an expert witness in the discipline of Firearm and Toolmark Identification
2. A minimum of four years of experience as a Firearm and Toolmark Examiner in an accredited laboratory
3. Successful completion of external proficiency tests in Firearms Examination, Toolmarks Examination and Serial Number Restoration without any outstanding corrective actions
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Persons appointed to this classification must possess the certification or license required by the governing body of the forensic discipline associated with the job duties for the specific position. Specific information concerning the requirements and procedures of the applicable governing body can be obtained from the personnel office of the Maryland Department of State Police, 1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208.
1. Employees are subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, are required to provide the agency with a telephone or pager number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. In accordance with Section 2-204(b) (6) of the Public Safety Article, candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, submission of a DNA sample, and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|