MSP CRIMINAL INTELLIGENCE ANALYST II
|Department||MSP - Criminal Investigation Bureau|
|Date Opened||8/2/2019 09:03:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/16/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,053.00 - $65,138.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Divita Washington|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP - Criminal Investigation Division (Firearms Section)
7155 Columbia Gateway Drive
Columbia, MD 21046
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience collecting, analyzing, assessing and disseminating criminal intelligence information.
1. Additional experience as a criminal intelligence analyst, related law enforcement background investigative experience or prior military intelligence experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education or experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Intelligence Specialist classifications or Intelligence or Intelligence Analyst specialty codes in the Intelligence field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Have one - three years of experience collecting, analyzing, assessing and disseminating criminal intelligence information.
2. Have prior experience as a criminal intelligence analyst, related law enforcement background investigation experience or prior military intelligence experience.
3. Have one - three years of investigative experience in firearms and extensive knowledge of Maryland Gun Laws.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Applicants for this position will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Only candidates who meet the minimum qualifications will be considered for this classification. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be place on the Eligible List categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED OR QUALIFIED and remain eligible for consideration for at least one year from the date of examination. The list will be used by the hiring manager to select employees.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your applicant. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.