SOCIAL SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR I
IHAS SUPERVISOR- VENDOR SERVICES
|Department||DHS - Baltimore County DSS|
|Date Opened||10/7/2019 07:19:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $74,191.00/year (State salary rules apply.)|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
LOCATION OF POSITION
BALTIMORE COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES
IN HOME AIDE SERVICES
6401 YORK ROAD
BALTIMORE, MD 21212
Main Purpose of Job
The position is responsible for managing the In-Home Aide Services Unit, and supervises a group of Family Support Workers. The position is also responsible for managing a budget of $340,000. The position provides direct supervision to monitor and evaluate staff performance to ensure the clients receiving services from our staff are getting the personal chore care they need, and are kept safe from abuse, neglect and exploitation.
Education: Possession of a master's degree in social work from an accredited college or university approved by the Council on Social Work Education
Experience: Five (5) years of professional employment in a social work capacity in a public or private agency or institution, two (2) years of which must have been in an administrative, supervisory or consultative capacity.
1. These requirements are established by the Social Services Administration by authority provided in Human Services § 4-204 of the Annotated Code of Maryland and the Department of Budget and Management, Office of Personnel Services and Benefits, does not have authority to accept substitutions or equivalents.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Experience working with vulnerable adults.
2. Experience in computer software; such as, Google Documents, creating Excel Sheets and Word Documents.
3. Strong writing skills.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LIMITED TO CURRENT STATE OF MARYLAND EMPLOYEES ONLY.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates filling positions in this classification must be licensed by the Board of Social Work Examiners.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties are required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.