Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator
|Department||DHS - Ops Ofc - Div of Budget Finance & Personnel|
|Date Opened||8/9/2019 1:35:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janice Howard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Human Services
DHS Learning Office
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: Possession of an Associate of Arts degree from an accredited college or university in Web Development, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology related field to include course work in web page design, development and programming.
EXPERIENCE: One year of experience in web page design, development and programming.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and an additional eighteen months of experience using software which converts other documents into web pages; or using web page developmental software; or writing HTML code; or converting data from project specifications by preparing program code using computer programming languages; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or operating, manipulating, and controlling computer systems may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and completion of an approved certification program for Web Professionals sufficient to provide the necessary skills to build and manage an organization’s web site and to coordinate with inside and outside resources to accomplish that organization’s web goals may be substituted for the required education.
3. Additional experience in web page design, development and programming may be substituted for on a year-for-year basis for a high school education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Cyber and Information Systems classifications or Cyber and Information Systems specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s).
Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year experience with web design using HTML code.
3. One year experience with management of Learning Management System (LMS) such as Cornerstone.
4. Knowledge of 508 compliance requirements for web pages and online training.
5. One year working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
6. Knowledge of course development software.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred.
If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 134, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Please upload any requested supporting documentation. Resumes are not required. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-0882.
Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment. If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.