MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SENIOR
|Department||DJS Eastern Region - State Operated Facilities|
|Date Opened||6/3/2019 12:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/17/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,404.00 - $43,160.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Lower Eastern Shore Children's Center
405 Naylor Mill Rd.
Salisbury, MD 21801
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: Four years of experience in any combination of the maintenance trades of which three years shall have been in the trades of electricity, plumbing, steam fitting, refrigeration or air conditioning.
1. Applicants may substitute additional experience in any of the maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for up to three years of the required education.
2. A degree from an accredited vocational or technical high school with a major in Building Maintenance or a related field may be substituted for up to three years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in utilities repair classifications or construction and engineering specialty codes in any combination of maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Possession of a High School Diploma or GED
2. Possession of a Trade Certificate in the trades of electricity, plumbing, HVAC, painting, carpentry, or ground maintenance.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The assessment will be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related experience and education. Applicants who meet the Minimum Qualifications will be placed on the eligible list categorized as Qualified, Better Qualified, or Best Qualified. Candidates shall be certified to the eligible list for a period of one year. This list will be sued by the DJS hiring agency to select employees.
If you have completed education outside the US, you will need to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. A paper application may be mailed to the address below or faxed to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online application or paper application. Applications must be received by the closing date no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment and Examination Unit
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
Fax Number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other state agencies.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com. Include the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.