|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||12/2/2019 08:07:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/29/2020 7:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,165.00 - $90,173.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Kara Winnard|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Performs pretrial forensic evaluations of defendants committed to DHMH by the district and circuit courts of Maryland for evaluation/re-evaluation as to competency to stand trial and/or criminal responsibility, including evaluations of dangerousness for incompetent patients. Prepares for the court/judge opinion letters offering DHMH formal opinions as to competence to stand trial, criminal responsibility and dangerousness if the defendant is released from the hospital or confinement.
- Prepares comprehensive court reports containing forensic evaluation opinions, updates reevaluations and risk management consultation. In order to complete forensic pretrial evaluations, directly maintains written correspondence and telephone contact with courts, office of the State’s attorney, offices of the Public Defender, with private attorneys and with detention centers and other sources of information needed to carry out the investigative aspects of forensic evaluations, such as interviews of the relatives of a defendant, police officers, victims, etc.
- Travel to local jurisdictions and attend criminal court hearings and present opinions and testimony to the court judges.
- Participates at the weekly Forensic Review Board meetings at the hospital in which decisions are made regarding pre-release planning for forensic patients.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Psychologists under the licensing requirements for Psychologists.
Experience: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Psychologists under the licensing requirements for Psychologists.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be licensed as a Psychologist by the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists prior to permanent appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a Maryland license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license has been obtained, submit a copy of the license to the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene Testing Unit to remove pending status.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.