FIRE SAFETY INSPECTOR I - Contractual
|Department||MSP Fire Prevention Commission and Fire Marshal|
|Date Opened||7/11/2019 11:09:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||7/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Pamela Harvey|
THIS IS A RECRUITMENT FOR THE CONTRACTUAL FIRE SAFETY INSPECTOR I CLASSIFICATION IN HARFORD COUNTY. PLEASE CHECK ALL COUNTIES IN WHICH YOU ARE WILLING TO WORK.
This recruitment will also be used for statewide vacancies as they occur.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Office of the State Fire Marshal - Northeast Region
Bel Air Multi - Service Center
2 South Bond Street
Bel Air, MD 21014
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
1. Experience inspecting buildings and other places of public assembly for compliance with fire prevention and safety laws, codes and regulations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Firefighter classifications or Firefighter specialty codes in the fire inspection field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience performing fire safety inspections in buildings with multiple uses.
2. Fire Safety Inspector certification.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are assigned duties in a given service area of the State.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination and a complete criminal background investigation before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction record may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
3. Employees in this classification must successfully meet the standards established by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 1031) for Fire Safety Inspector I prior to completion of the probationary period.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed application, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Office of the State Fire Marshal
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: Pamela Harvey
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Office of the State Fire Marshal to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.