AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST TRAINEE
|Department||DHS - Cecil County DSS|
|Date Opened||6/5/2019 10:39:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/19/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,254.00 - $55,547.00/year|
|HR Analyst||LaToura Jones|
THIS IS A POSITION SPECIFIC RECRUITMENT FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES, CECIL COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF SOCIAL SERVICES.
LOCATION OF POSITION
DHS/ Cecil County Department of Social Service
170 East Main Street
Elkton, MD 21921
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the position is to conduct procurement activities in accordance with State procurement laws, regulations and procedures to efficiently provide agency staff with the goods and services required to provide human services meeting the agency's mission of promoting the growth and development of individuals and families, empowering people in need and protecting vulnerable children and adults.
Procures goods, equipment, supplies, services and other needs obtained via the competitive or negotiated procurement process on behalf of the agency; Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions; Processes small procurements and services contracts; Processes contract modifications; Procures agency fleet vehicles; Participates in all aspects of the procurement process. Utilizes FMIS system to create/modify/close/delete Requisitions and Purchase Orders; Processes requisitions for DHS forms. Acts as Corporate Credit Card (CPC) cardholder; Documents expenditures, creates quarterly reports; Monitors service contracts; Maintains electronic Purchase Order Log; Serves as secondary Travel CPC Cardholder; Maintains spreadsheets with data critical to Year-End Close process, completes encumbrance packages for submissions to Budget & Finance. Attends state-level meetings, pertinent training related to the position. MD-CHESSIE/ FMIS APPOVALS Weekly, processes batch of MD-CHESSIE payments, batch of FMIS invoices and Working Fund Reimbursements. Processes invoices for payment through various State Accounting Systems and produce checks for Administration, Public Assistance and Special Funds Accounts. Receipt, date stamp and record incoming checks, verifying bank deposit slips to check log. FLEET Reviews daily Vehicle Inspection Checklists, schedules routine maintenance/cleaning; Performs Web Fleet Master data management; Reconciles monthly commercial fuel invoices.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year for year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute any of the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination for the required education: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers).
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or Contracting and Industrial Management specialty codes in the Procurement field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. Six months experience using State of MD's FMIS (Financial Management Information System)and AFS (Automated Fiscal System).
2. One year experience with competitive process or negotiated procurement process.
3. One year of experience explaining information to internal and external customers.
4. One year of experience with computers, Google and Microsoft Office Suites.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Candidates must be willing to work in Cecil County, which is located approximately 55 miles north of Baltimore, off of Interstate 95, the last exit before the MD/DE line.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 135, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay