AGENCY PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDH Potomac Center|
|Date Opened||1/11/2019 11:39:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||1/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$42,186.00 - $54,500.00/year, with potential growth to $67,144.00|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Potomac Center, Hagerstown MD
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as: soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
Notes: 1. Candidates may substitute professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute the following written certifications, obtained through passing an examination: Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or specialty codes in the Procurement field of work at a rate of one year of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have the following experience:
1) Reviewing and analyzing purchase requisitions and determining procurement methods to use (i.e., negotiated awards, competitive sealed bidding, competitive sealed proposals, sole source or emergency)
2) Developing contract specifications, including performance and acceptance standards, payment terms, contract management elements, contract modifications, contract renewals and advertisement requirements
3) Utilizing the Advanced Purchasing and Inventory System (ADPICS) portion of the State's Financial Management Information System (FMIS) to facilitate the procurement process
4) Preparing and maintaining contracts in an automated record keeping system for procurement records
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.