SUPPLY OFFICER II
|Department||DGS Maryland Capitol Police|
|Date Opened||9/11/2019 3:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/25/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$26,929.00 - $41,786.00/year (based on qualifications and salary rules)|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Vehstedt|
LOCATION OF POSITION
This position is with the Maryland Department of General Services, MD Capitol Police Division, located at 301 West Preston Street, Baltimore MD 21201.
Main Purpose of Job
The purchase and distribution of police and security uniforms and equipment. The purchase and distribution of office supplies and equipment to agency personnel. Maintain a complete and accurate inventory of uniforms and supplies. Maintain complete and accurate records relating to the purchase and inventory of agency property. Accurately compile and complete related accounting documentation as required by DGS Fiscal Services. Interact with agency personnel, suppliers and other state agencies. Process all required paperwork relating to supply requests and issuances. Transport agency employee candidates to the state pre-employment physical examination. Transport prospective and current employees to the supplier for uniform fitting. Use of the computer for daily interactions with the above mentioned individuals. Daily use of the telephone to facilitate the above referenced interactions.
Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- The purchase, inventory and distribution of agency uniforms, equipment and office supplies.
- Maintain a physical inventory of uniforms, supplies and equipment by working in the agency storage room.
- Process all required paperwork in reference to the request and issuance of supplies.
- Maintain inventory and purchase records.
- Complete accounting reports as required by DGS Fiscal Services.
- Interact with agency personnel, suppliers and other state agencies in person, via the computer and telephone.
- Receive, inventory and stock repatriated equipment, supplies, and uniforms from former agency employees.
- Transport prospective employees to the pre-employment physical. Transport prospective and current employees to the supplier for sizing or re-sizing.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years of experience in receiving, storing, and issuing supplies, materials, or equipment in a storeroom, warehouse, or other supply storage facility.
1. Additional experience as described above may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the logistics or unit supply field of work, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Applicants with previous experience as a Supply Officer and/or Purchaser will receive preference.
Please provide sufficient information on your application to support that you meet the qualifications for this position. All information concerning your qualifications MUST BE submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after the closing date will not be considered.
Note that for any position requiring a college degree or college credit, you will be required to submit a college transcript prior to being offered a position. We highly recommend that you submit your transcript when you apply for the position.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. Successful candidates will be placed on the employment eligibility list categorized as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, or QUALIFIED. The eligibility list will be valid for one year and may be extended. The list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees. Eligible lists may be used to fill future vacancies of the same classification.
You MUST possess the minimum qualifications before you may be selected for a State job – Verification will be completed by the appointing authority. If you are scheduled to complete an educational or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process. Permanent State employees may also complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of an examination. Credit is given for relevant part-time, temporary or volunteer experience based on the number of hours worked per week. You must include on your application the time spent on such activity. You must be legally authorized under the United States Immigration Reform and Control Act to be hired in the position for which you apply.
Applicants are encouraged to upload proof of education (transcripts), professional licenses and certifications, when applicable, during the recruitment process as these items will be required at the time of selection.
Contact email@example.com or call 410-767-4986 with questions about this recruitment. The on-line application process is STRONGLY preferred. Apply online at www.dbm.maryland.gov - click on the State Jobs tab. If you are unable to submit your application online, please send your paper application to: Human Resources, Dept. of General Services, 301 W. Preston St., Suite 1311, Baltimore, MD 21201 by the closing date and time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay