OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||MSDE - Juvenile Services Education Program|
|Date Opened||2/4/2019 2:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,082.00 - $48,665.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marcia Cooper-stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
J. Deweese Carter Youth Center
300 Scheeler Rd., Chestertown, MD 21620
Main Purpose of Job
- Creates and maintains student cumulative records;
- Effectively and efficiently uses the current JSES Student Information System and ensures student data is current
- Ensures the prompt request and receipt of all student records (in adherence to the JSE timeframe and COMAR standards)
- Facilitates the timely transfer of student records for all youth released from the JSE facility
- Update student cumulative record files and/or on school database for monthly report accuracy
- Receive telephone calls and visitors, exercising good judgment, courtesy tact and discretion in handling information, answering routine inquiries, and conveying messages to staff when required
- Ensure prompt responsiveness when requests from schools are made for student records and/or information
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1 year experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
Multi-line Phone Experience
Record Keeping Experience
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Maryland State Department of Education
Office of Human Resources C
/o Marcia Cooper-Stokes
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
If you utilize fax or regular mail as the option to submit required attachments, you will need to resubmit these documents each time you apply for a new position that requires the attachments. Please DO NOT submit any unsolicited materials and/ or documents. Additionally, you must include the following information on each page of the attachment you submit in order to ensure that we append the attachments to the correct recruitment: First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application Office Secretary III (JobAps#: 19-001362-0016). Fax: 410-333-8950 – This fax number is for Department of Education recruitment actions only.
If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045 or visit our website at http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.