OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||MSP - Field Operations Bureau|
|Date Opened||5/23/2019 1:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/6/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,238.00 - $48,909.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland State Police
Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Division HQ
6855 Deerpath Road, Suite "G"
Elkridge, MD 21075
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience performing secretarial / clerical duties at a law enforcement agency
2. Experience performing secretarial / clerical duties at the municipal, county, state or federal levels of government
Applicants for this position will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard of a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online. Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police Human Resources Division 1201 Reisterstown Road Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address: Robert.firstname.lastname@example.org
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.