OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||DHS - Wicomico County DSS|
|Date Opened||9/4/2019 11:37:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/18/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,176.00 - $50,377.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
FAMILY INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATION
201 BAPTIST STREET
SALISBURY, MD 21801
Provides administrative support to Family Investment Administration (FIA) Administrative Director (AD), supervisors and entire division to include typing, answering multi-line phone, maintaining logs and other duties as assigned. Acts as scheduling coordinator of Long Term Care Unit. Organizes and compiles data related to the productivity of the processing and customer care units. Prepares statistical reports reflecting current trends in customer intake and ongoing case loads and makes recommendations regarding staffing needs to ensure that Family Investment continues to meet the needs of the customers.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate would possess:
1. Six months of experience scanning documents.
2. Six months of experience answering calls using a multi-line telephone system.
3. One year of experience handling confidential documents and reports.
4. One year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite Word to create reports and documents and Excel to create spreadsheets to track data.
5. One year of experience using Google Docs. and Sheets to create documents, reports and spreadsheets.
6. One year of experience explaining information and interacting with external customers.
7. One year of experience supporting managerial/department staff.
8. Associate of arts degree.
9. Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.