OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||10/17/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/31/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,176 - $41,228 w/progression to $50,377 State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Olivia Finley|
The Water and Science Administration, Water Supply Program is recruiting for an Office Secretary III. This is a position specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of the Environment. This recruitment will be used to fill current and future vacancies for this position/function only. The resulting cert list will be maintained for one year. Persons interested in future vacancies within this classification must re-apply.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration
Water Supply Program
1800 Washington Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21230
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications
- Excellent proofreading skills and strong attention to detail;
- .Experience answering and assisting callers on a multi-line phone system;
- Customer service experience interacting with internal and external customers in a business setting;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Experience with Access based databases;
- Experience/knowledge of proper format when composing/proofreading correspondence, letters, memos and emails;
- Good organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best, Better, or Qualified and placed on the cert list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
The MD Department of the Environment does not sponsor individuals in the application of the H-1B Visa. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States under the Immigration and Reform Control Act. You must be legally authorized and possess any necessary documents under this Act in order to be hired in the position for which you apply. For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online. However, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit a paper application & supplemental questionnaire, (if applicable) via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application.
Completed applications, required documentation, transcripts, and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Olivia Finley, Recruitment & Examination Unit
(Office) 410-537-3105 (Email) Olivia.firstname.lastname@example.org
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.