OFFICE CLERK II
|Department||OPD District Operations|
|Date Opened||4/11/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$12.53 - $13.42 per hour|
|HR Analyst||Saundra Sheed|
The Office of the Public Defender is a statewide independent agency charged with providing superior legal representation to indigent defendants. The agency’s vision is Justice, Fairness and Dignity for All. Employees are committed to the core values of culture of excellence, client centered representation, tenacious advocacy, and are united in achieving the agency’s mission.
The Office of the Public Defender is seeking applicants with excellent data entry skills to fill a full-time Contractual Office Clerk II position, in our Harford County, Maryland office. A contractual Office Clerk II will serve as the clerk for the District Court Division of the Office of the Public Defender. This includes working with a database unique to our Agency, data entry, assembling and filing motions with MDEC (Maryland Electronic Courts), updating confidential client case information, and processing and distributing electronic discovery files.
LOCATION OF POSITION
2 South Bond Street, Suite 203, Bel Air, Maryland, 21014
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of the eighth grade.
Experience: One year experience performing clerical duties in an office environment.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
5. Requires periods of standing, moving, bending and lifting objects of up to 10 lbs.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent communication, customer service and computer skills. The ability to work in a fast paced environment and experience working with diverse populations. High School Diploma or GED.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be admitted to the examination for this classification. Successful candidates will be ranked as BEST QUALIFIED, BETTER QUALIFIED, OR QUALIFIED and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of the position. You may be required to complete a qualifications supplement, or the rating may be based on your application. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online Applications Preferred. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-2260.
Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to: Office of the Public Defender, Human Resources Division, 6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304, Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8497, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
A paper copy of the MD State application form and questionnaire can be downloaded from the link below.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.