|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||8/8/2019 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/24/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,476.00 - $79,203.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tabitha Weinstein|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
An unofficial copy of your degree/transcript must accompany your application or the college and graduate school information must be completed on your application under the "College and Graduate School Education" section.
Experience: Three years of experience in criminal investigative work with a recognized law enforcement agency, including one year of experience administering Polygraph examinations.
1. Applicants may substitute a graduate degree for only one year of the required general criminal investigative experience.
2. Applicants may substitute additional professional work in law enforcement for the required education at the rate of one year of experience to two years of education, for up to four years of the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Law Enforcement classifications or Criminal Investigator or Special Agent specialty codes in the Counter Intelligence or Special Investigations field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Applicants for this position with the Maryland State Police or the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services will be subject to a complete criminal background investigation and polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the applicant.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in on a 24 hour basis and must provide a telephone or pager number so they can be contacted.
3. Employees in this classification must have access to an automobile for use on official business in the event a State vehicle cannot be provided. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for use of a privately owned vehicle.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|