ELECTION DATA APPLICATION SPECIALIST II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||4/1/2019 2:25:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/15/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,082.00 - $48,665.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
St. Mary's County Board of Elections
41650 Tudor Hall Road
Leonardtown MD 20650
Main Purpose of Job
Inputs data into data entry device;
Provides solutions to various key station failures;
Prioritizes data processing tasks to assure timely completion in accordance with office policies and procedures;
Requests data processing production work using the correct parameter cards;
Verifies and reconciles data output for accuracy and completeness;
Investigates and determines causes for discrepancies in data input and output; Revises office data processing procedures;
Monitors office automation needs in order to recommend new programs or revisions;
Decollates and bursts reports or output;
Maintains logs on data input and output;
Compiles and maintains statistics from requested data output;
May register voters at local election office and outside facilities, complete registration forms and assign voter district and precinct;
May check voter records for possible duplication and maintain records by updating addresses, names, districts and precincts;
May answer inquiries regarding election procedures in person, by telephone, U.S. mail and by electronic mail; May order appropriate forms;
Performs other related duties.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in the operation of data entry devices.
1. Specialized, documented training in data processing may substitute for six months of the required experience.
2. General clerical experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Computer Clerk and Assistant classifications or Computer Clerk and Assistant specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
-One year data management experience using Excel, Word, and mail merge.
- Experience in composing correspondence via email and memorandums.
- Experience in conducting training.
- Customer service experience via telephone, email, and face to face.
- Experience in working in small groups and within an office setting.
- Experience in working with deadlines and time sensitive materials
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Maryland State Board of Elections
Attn: Human Resources/Recruitment
151 West St. Suite 200
Annapolis MD 21401
Or fax your application to 410-974-5126.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Christina Lohr-Beatty at 410-269-2859.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-269-2859 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.