ELECTION DATA APPLICATION SPECIALIST II
|Department||SBE General Administration|
|Date Opened||11/14/2019 1:33:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,176.00 - $50,377.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christina Lohr|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Baltimore City Board of Elections
417 E. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of the Data Application Specialist is to maintain active and accurate computerized records of the voter registration files for Baltimore City. This ensures that all eligible voters can participate in the electoral process. This position will answer the public's questions either in person or by telephone. This position will also conduct voter outreach when needed.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience in the operation of data entry devices.
1. Specialized, documented training in data processing may substitute for six months of the required experience.
2. General clerical experience may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the required education. General clerical experience is defined as work performing a variety of clerical duties which are clear-cut and typically found in office settings, such as filing, copying, posting data and directing telephone calls.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Computer Clerk and Assistant classifications or Computer Clerk and Assistant specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience with data processing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience typing memorandums and correspondence.
- Experience working in customer service.
- Experience working in elections or a polling place.
1. Employees in this classification are required to be registered voters in the State of Maryland in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-207(d).
2. Employees in this classification may not hold or be a candidate for any elective public or political party office or any other office created under the Constitution or laws of this State in accordance with the Election Law Article, Section 2-301(b).
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to:
Board of Elections
151 West St., Suite 200
Annapolis, MD 21401
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to email@example.com. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the SBE Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-269-2859.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-269-2859 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.