ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST I
|Department||DVA Executive Direction|
|Date Opened||6/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/28/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,238.00 - $48,909.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Althea Gibson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
16 Francis Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
1. Candidates may substitute one year of experience in administrative or professional work for the required education, at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Experience providing customer service by phone to the public
2. Experience designing organizational or filing systems in a business, educational, or office environment.
3. Experience using personal productivity software, in particular, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, 301 W. Preston St., Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.