ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR SERVICES
|Department||DHS - Dorchester County DSS|
|Date Opened||5/9/2019 12:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/23/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,178.00 - $52,095.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Dorchester County Department of Social Services
Adult & Child Welfare Services
627 Race Street
Cambridge, MD 21613
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to work with the Assistant Director for Services as well as the CPS (Child Protective Service) Supervisors; In-Home Supervisor; Adult Service Supervisors; and Out of Home/Adoption Supervisors.
This position will work with the Assistant Director for Services by drafting and responding to routine requests and compose correspondence; designing, formatting and assembling projects for reports, and provide support to the Services Supervisors and their staff. In addition, this position will be required to supervise assigned clerical personnel.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above for the required education at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of required education.
2. Candidates may substitute 90 credit hours at an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of experience using Google Apps. (Sheets, Docs., Mail and/or Calendar) and/or Microsoft Office Suite Word or Excel to create documents and spreadsheets.
2. One year of experience supporting executive and/or managerial staff.
3. Possession of an AA Degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Human Services or related fields.
4. Well organized with the ability to multi-task.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.