ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||6/18/2019 3:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/2/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,174.00 - $43,862.00/year (with potential growth to $53,658.00/year) Effective July 1,2019|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position provides administrative support for the Breast and Cervical Cancer Screening Program (BCCP), Colorectal Cancer Screening Program (CRCP), and Tobacco Control Program (TCP) in the following areas: general administrative processes, intake of eligible clients, billing, expenditure, and invoice monitoring, data entry into live and internal cancer program databases, tracking grant performance measures, customer service through face to face and telephone encounters with the public and agency partners, assistance with coordinating and implementing health education events, coalition meetings, and quality improvement procedures. This position uses independent judgement to interpret, recommend, and apply State and local agency rules and regulations and cancer program policies and procedures to ensure effective operations. Work may include other program duties delegated by the Program Administrator, Bureau Director and/or Health Officer.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above for the required education at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of required education.
2. Candidates may substitute 90 credit hours at an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following desired qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience preparing invoices for payment and managing budget expenditure in a database
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Experience drafting meeting minutes and professional correspondence (e.g., emails, letters)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience managing medical chart files and test results from providers in a database
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.