|Department||DJS Baltimore City Region - State Operated Fac|
|Date Opened||8/12/2019 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/26/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$25,401.00 - $39,284.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Bonnie Smith|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Baltimore City Juvenile Justice Center
300 N. Gay St. , Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Three years of experience in food preparation at a public or governmental establishment, such as a restaurant, hospital or comparable institution involving the cooking of meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverages.
1. Candidates may substitute graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a major in food service or a related field for up to two years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Culinary classifications or Food Services specialty codes in the Equipment Services and Facilities field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Three years of experience in the preparation of food involving the cooking of meats and vegetables and the preparation of salads and beverage's in an institutional setting such as hospitals, nursing homes, universities and correctional facilities.
2. Possession of a High School Diploma/GED.
3. Possession of a ServSafe Certification.
4. One (1) year experience in the Federal Child Nutrition Program.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose fax or regular mail you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
One Center Plaza
120 W. Fayette St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attn: Bonnie Smith
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Should you need additional information regarding this recruitment please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at email@example.com Include the recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are encouraged to apply to all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity