HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST V
|Department||DHS - Office of the Secretary|
|Date Opened||7/24/2019 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/14/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $74,191.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Scott Waddel|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of Human Services
Office of Strategy and Performance
311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore MD 21201-3500
Main Purpose of Job
This position: serves as project manager for various OSP (Office od Strategy and Performance) programs and DHS (Department of Human Services) processes. Ensures that processes and procedures are followed by departmental staff and identifying concerns regarding agency performance of required tasks. Establishes timelines and communicates with departmental staff about expectations consistent with the DHS strategy process and raises concerns to OSP and departmental leadership. Builds tracking systems, coordinates data collection, and advises the OSP and Senior leadership staff on the progress of the Department's strategic initiatives, including progress made and potential areas of concern.
This position: coordinates updates with assigned project and task leads and offers guidance and clarification as necessary. Identifies areas of concern and recommends corrective action to ensure continued strategic success. Provides customer service to both internal and external customers that meet or exceed the standards set by the Department. Facilitates strategic planning meetings with DHS staff and stakeholders by convening and leading strategic planning session. Uses Strategic Planning principles to foster strategic thinking in DHS.
Applicants must meet all minimum (AND selective; see next section) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
EDUCATION: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
EXPERIENCE: Four years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field at may be substituted the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications or Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Office Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of the required experience above must have been in the planning, leading or managing of a program or project complex in nature involving coordinating with internal and external stakeholders to achieve measurable results and objectives.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1. One year of work experience in a human service program monitoring and tracking performance of service delivery partners and composing data management reports.
2. One year work experience setting goals, meeting deadlines, and overseeing the workflow of a human service program.
3. One year work experience in the uses of strategic planning principles to foster strategic thinking.
4. One year of proficient computer experience in MS Office Suite software, such as Excel, Word, and Power Point, or Google Documents.
5. Experience with SmartSheet a Plus.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position.
You may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire. The supplemental questionnaire may be used as part of the rating process. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service is required prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to, Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 134, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and the job number and must be received by 5 P.M on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Please upload any requested supporting documentation. Resumes are not required. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-0882.
Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment. If you have any questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414. TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply.