HUMAN SERVICE SPECIALIST IV
STATEWIDE LONG TERM CARE MEDICAL ASSISTANCE OMBUDSMAN
|Department||DHS Family Investment Admin Director's Office|
|Date Opened||11/22/2019 10:50:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||12/6/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $56,417.00/year with potential growth to $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Betty Ketterman|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DEPARTMENT OF HUMAN SERVICES
FAMILY INVESTMENT ADMINISTRATION/OFFICE OF PROGRAMS
746 FREDERICK ROAD
CATONSVILLE, MD 21228
Main Purpose of Job
This position serves as the Long Term Care (LTC) Medical Assistance Ombudsman for the Department of Human Services (DHS), Family Investment Administration (FIA). The position functions as the primary contact within FIA for Maryland citizens who seek solutions to issues with the delivery of services or escalated customer service concerns for Long Term Care Medical Assistance applications and redeterminations administered by DHS; responds to these problems, complaints or concerns received from citizens across the State of Maryland and seeks to resolve them. Travel throughout the State of MD is required.
This position works independently to exercise initiative and sound judgment in making decisions conforming to laws, rules, regulations and policies; establishes and maintains a harmonious working relationship with other administrations, customers and the general public; gathers information and draws reasonable inferences from data; identifies problems and presents recommendations clearly and concisely; understand and interpret Federal and State laws regulations and procedures; travels throughout the state is to be expected; investigates, reviews, intervenes to respond to and resolves inquiries, concerns, or complaints received electronically, telephonically, verbally, or in writing regarding the Long Term Care (LTC) Medical Assistance Program and services from customers, legislators and other state and community based organizations; prepares responses to written correspondences from customers regarding the outcome of the investigation and/or reviews for the signature of the Governor, Secretary, Executive Director of FIA and other departmental staff; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Travel throughout the State of MD is required. Applicant should possess a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations.
1. Additional professional or technical experience in the administration of a human services program or experience conducting studies and analyses of programs, procedures, practices and organizations may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Education at the graduate level at an accredited college or university in a human services related field may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester hours per year for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Administrative Officer classifications and Administrative Officer specialty codes in the General, Administrative, Clerical, and Officer Services field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
Applicants must meet the selective qualification(s) to be considered. Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
One year of experience in the administration/overseeing a Long Term Care or Medical Assistance Program.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
1. A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in social work, human services, psychology or a closely related field.
2. Two years of customer advocacy experience working with people of a diverse background with an emphasis on conflict resolution and problem-solving.
3. One year experience making recommendations for improved system efficiency and operations of Long Term Care or Medical Assistance Programs.
4. One year experience using Microsoft Office Suite Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and G Suite Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar to create reports, documents, spreadsheets with calculations, pivot tables and presentations.
5. One year of experience interpreting and translating Non-Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Medical Assistance and MAGI Medical Assistance.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may mail a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Human Services, Examination Services Unit, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Room 137, Baltimore, Maryland 21201.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-0882. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you have questions concerning the recruitment process for this position, please call 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
All mailed documents must include the applicant's name and job number and must be received by 5 P.M. on the closing date. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.