MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR I Non-Licensed
|Department||MD School for Deaf - Columbia - Building Services|
|Date Opened||10/3/2019 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/21/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,669.00 - $69,505.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Hicks|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of eighth grade.
Experience: Six years experience in building maintenance or building construction trades including five years of responsibility assigning, reviewing and approving the work of others and disciplining, evaluating the performance of, and recommending the hiring, firing and promoting of others.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a non-commissioned officer in utilities classifications or mechanical maintenance specialty codes in the utility systems repair field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in the licensed option must possess and maintain a current Maryland First Grade Stationary Engineer License from the Board of Examining Engineers.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees must be willing to learn American Sign Language.
2. New hires are subject to a criminal background investigation at their own expense (Maryland Code, Family Law Article 1, Sections 5-560-568.)
3. Candidates will need to provide three letters of recommendation.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available or if you encounter difficulty, you may submit via mail, e-mail, fax, or deliver in person before the closing date and time. Please include your name and recruitment number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Additional or supplemental information must be submitted by the closing date and time. Application inquiries or supplemental information can be directed to the following:
Mailing Address: Maryland School for the Deaf, Recruitment Department, P. O. Box 894, Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: 410-696-3031, TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Individuals from traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.